Thursday 27 June 2013

Percy Jackson and the Lightning Thief

Title: Percy Jackson and the Lighting Thief  
Author: Rick Riordan
Year: 2005
Genre: Adventure
Pages: 375
Series: The Percy Jackson series 

I chose this book because it was written by Rick Riodan (he is a great writer.)

I did not know a lot about the book but I did know a bit, because I had read a few books in the next series. I was expecting a wonderful, adventure story that was action packed and that's what I got.

When weird things began to happen at school, everything started to go wrong for Percy. Soon after he had got back home he was on an adventure, fighting monsters, battling gods, completing quests, you know, the usual demigod life. He gets sent to Camp Half Blood and meets two new friends. Off they go on a quest. Well after, you know, totally beating the coolest person in the camp. He came close to death many times but successfully completed his quest. 

I adored this book! However it was a little bit repetitive in some places. I liked it because it was action packed and had an epic story line.

I think this book is aimed at 9-10 years (because that's what  it says on the book ) but i belive that it would be great for any one who enjoys a great adventure!
 
9/10
 
Review by Samara, 7.1
 
Mr Freeman - 1
Team 7.1 - 2
(I have some catching up to do! - Mr F)

No comments:

Post a Comment